Roof Patch 2 - A much larger Patch
The second hole was more of a challenge. As you can see, the flange is completely rusted away. I used a reciprocating saw to cut away as much of the flange as possible. Then using the saw again, I cut into the caulking around the flange to expose one of the screws used to hold it in. At this point, I was able to see the edge of the flange and used it as a guide to cut the entire flange away from the roof. A little more cleaning and the hole was ready to be patched as before. This time I used all screws due to the uneven nature of the surrounding roof, and the thickness of the coatings surrounding the hole. Pop rivets simply would not have held. A final coat of roof patch, and I’m all done.